Pages

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Senses

I wanted to write an entry on the senses. I was reading a mum blog and this mum writes about the 5 senses each friday. I found it very interesting reading back in her blog how each week is so different.

I am at work on night duty, 1100pm-700am, in a hospital Emergency Deparment. So this is my experiment to see how much I change each week. What a great experiement to make yourself slow down for 5 minutes to actually take notice of your 5 beautiful senses, and appreciate them.

See - I am looking out at the sky slowly becoming lighter, it really is pretty sight, pink,purple, light blue.

Taste - I have been drinking to much tea and coffee tonight that I have a residue taste of instant coffee and herbal tea mixed togther (can not wait to get home and brush my teeth.)

Touch - I am sitting on an office chair, that at the moment is way to comfy oh what I would give to sit back and go to sleep.

Smell. - I am smelling hospital air conditioning. A mixture of cleaning products and patients. (don't want to describe that smell.)

Hear - Nurses talking to patients, wardsmen replacing garbage bags, dora on the tv.

So that is my friday senses, really it is saturday morning, I was way to busy last night to write.

I look forward to next friday to find out where my senses are then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing
Mel xxx