Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

An exercise in dreaming.




I crave adventure, experience, sights, and people beyond my own garden gate. At this point in my life, I am dreaming of where I would go, what I would do, who would be with me, how long would I stay. Of course it would be all expenses paid, a nanny trailing along.

I would take my little family (and the nanny), on an adventure, around the world for 6 months.

We would start off in London and stay there for a month, we would explore the sights, castles, country side, we would travel to some of the beautiful little villages, of course travel on a double decker bus, go past Her Majesty’s palace, visit Hamleys Toy Shop, wonder around The National Gallery, Westminster abbey, Shakespears Globe theatre, Tower of London,  and Stone Henge.

Then pop over to France for a couple of weeks and see the Eiffel tower, eat some snails, go the south and explore some wineries, The Louvre, Mont St Michel.

The big one a couple of 3 months in Italy, ride through Tuscany, visit leaning tower of Pisa, Eat in the Trastevere District, visit the Boboli Gardens in Florence, Float down the Grand Canal in Venice, place my hands on the Colosseum, Marvel at the Sistine chapel, Trevi fountain, and St Peters Basilica, Walk across the bridge of Sighs. Do some people watching in a little cafe while I have a coffee and my husband and kids (and the nanny) have a gelato. I would take my children to a Montessori school to see what they are like in Italy.

Go to the USA, to take the kids to Disney Land, visit New York to go to Broadway.
 On the way back to Australia, fly into Bali so that my husband can go surfing, I can get a massage.

That would definitely satisfy my craving for adventure, experience, sights, and people beyond my own garden gate.

3 comments:

  1. Great dreaming there. I especially like the idea of the nanny. When we moved back from the UK we spent a few months travelling round Europe with our 7 month old son in tow. I have wonderful memories of that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific dream - bring on the Lotto win!

    We like to play a game where we ask each other

    "If you could go to one local, national, international destination for one month where would it be and what would you do?"

    My responses are constantly changing as I discover new places and people and things to do.
    It truly is a great big, wonderful world - fortunately I have blogging to let me do a bit of virtual traveling each day.

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing
Mel xxx