Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I am awake

Sleep, oh beautiful, restful, soulful, wonderful sleep.

How I miss you, curling up in my gorgeous comfy, crisp, clean sheets for a beautiful night of dreaming, deep healing sleep.

It is just not the same during the day, I have taken the kids to school, had some breakfast and a cup of herbal "sweet dreams" tea, long hot shower. I go to my room, cover the windows, turn the air con on, get my "fairy dreaming" crystals for under my pillow and bed down for hopefully a few hours of sleep. I pray to the universe and the angels to grant me deep, restful sleep.

I full into a deep, restful sleep....... for 40minutes, wake up with the biggest fright.  Mind and heart racing what day is it, where are the kids, what should I be doing, is it 9.40am or 9.40pm. Deep breaths gather your thoughts love, all is good, you are supposed to be sleeping. I sleep till 11.00am, wake oh god what time do I get the kids, how many hours away is that. GO to sleep. Wake at 12.30pm SHIT, forget it, I am awake.

My head is so fuzzy, the light drills holes in my eyes so that I feel like I have nails being driven into my head. My body is slow, heavy. I no I cleaned my teeth before I went to bed, did I swallow a cup full of sand in my sleep, stomach so yuck, do I need to be sick or am I just hungry.

Turn the jug on get cup, coffee, milk, sugar, bread, roast potatoes and mayo.  Put it all on the bench, stand and look out the kitchen window at my yard.  SHIT forgot to turn the jug on.  That's right was going to make sandwich. 

Go to the toilet while jug is boiling, check messages on my phone, 2 texts from girlfriends, 1 voice message from another wanting a chat.  Sit down to flick through the channels on tv.  SHIT I was making coffee and sandwich.  Finally make coffee and sandwich.

Sit on lounge, get a text from a gorgeous girlfriend " hi luv, do you want me to get your boys from school". Oh how I love my friends.  I could kiss her.

I will be in bed early tonight for beautiful, restful, soulful, wonderful sleep. 

I will be back to night duty, tomorrow night for another 4 nights this week. I will meet you on the other side, sleep.


Mel  xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh you poor thing, shift work is just a killer!! I haven't done shifts in a while but my hubby is a shift-worker and he's a walking zombie most of the time. Good luck on the sleep, I feel for you! I'm your latest follower by the way x

    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing
Mel xxx