Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

The little things.

I found a blog (teaching tuck and ty) a few days ago by chance, it slapped me in the face with a reality and gratitude check.  Please have a read of final hours of this blog and you will understand, why I have started noticing even the little things, about my boys and my husband and have what seems an endless amount of gratitude.

The way Scott tells me every single day with out fail "babe you look hot in that" (most of the time I'm not looking so hot".

The way Scott squeezes my hand or touches my arm when he walks past me.

The way that he slips is wedding ring on my finger when he is surfing.

The way he sits on the kitchen bench and has a chat, when I'm cooking.

The way he waits up even after a massive day at work, for me to go to work at 1000pm, and he helps me get my lunch, walks me to the car and opens our gate.

The way he mumbles I love you, every single night before he goes to sleep.

The way my boys without fail call out from there beds, every single night, even after they have said they don't need to tell me anything else.

The way my boys always ask how my day was when they get in the car after school.

When they say thank you after every meal.

I could keep going,

It is the little things that, feed my soul and open my heart.  I am so grateful for Tricia for sharing her story.

5 comments:

  1. Great post Mel. I went to the Final Hours post and it will stay with me for a long time. You're right. The little things are SO important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. I will visit the Final Hours post right away. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melinda,

    This was such a beautiful post. You've kickstarted my own gratitude boost as well, so thank you.
    I saw your entry for the Sydney Writers' Centre (where I work) course competition on Allison's Pink Fibro, so I thought I'd come and explore your blog. Best of luck, and keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I clicked over to have a look and it stopped my heart for a second. Thank you so much for the link and for sharing your own lovely list as well. You are right. It is so important to be grateful for the small things. Hope you have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing
Mel xxx