Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The I love you stage

I have finally after nearly 10 years of marriage, really just opened up to the massive stages that we have gone through.  

There was the honeymoon phase where everything is beautiful and loving and we couldn't keep our hands off each other.  Then the first baby came along and I was so tired and overwhelmed and consumed by breastfeeding, shitty nappies, trying with all my might to get him to sleep. That the thought of anyone else touching me or expecting anything from me except clean clothes and dinner was laughable.

Then all that settled we morphed into a normal relationship again where I loved seeing Scott coming home and I loved chatting and loved being a couple again.  Then surprise, surprise another baby. Again back to the laughable bit, especially with two kids.

All that settled down, I went back to work and it was mostly weekends so we were not seeing each other that much and for me it was kids, kindy, and mum stuff during the week and he was working, then I would be at work on weekends.

Last year we both started changing so much, in so many way so quickly, that we got to a stage of, who the hell are you and what are we doing. See Scott decided that he didn't want to do roofing anymore, and I have issues with not being able to pay our bills on time all the time, with the no pay coming in. I was resenting him, he was hating me cause he didn't want to do something that he hates.

It took all year to work it out.  OHHH what an experience. I can see why so many couples , throw there hands up and go this is way to hard.

We worked hard to get through and Scott decided on his own to go back to roofing (not contracting anymore). He is actually enjoying it.

We have become so much closer because of 2010. 

We are in the stage of I love you, it feels like the honeymoon stage again. (but no little babies will be coming out of this honeymoon stage) 

I wonder what is next.

Mel xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing
Mel xxx