Pages

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

How you spend your days

“How you spend your days is how you spend your life.”


I have been inspired by this quote, I have no idea who wrote it, said it or where it came from. It makes me want to get up and get my life filled with so much more. I want to fill my soul, I want to experience more life in my days.

I don’t mean more “things” or more chores or meaningless tasks. I mean beautiful, experiences, people, books, food, places.

It sounds like a hard thing to do, but really, it is in the everyday things that are already mine that I want to find the joy. Instead of hanging washing on the line and it being a chore, being grateful and appreciating the acre of land that we live on. The creatures that call our home their home. The beautiful trees, the multitude of birds and butterflies.

To stay in the moment, finding serenity in the simple.

To have a vocation (my new word), that brings me joy, experience, people, creativity, financial abundance, flexibility. To spend my working days, at something that inspires me.

To observe, my children’s growth and journey. To enjoy in their innocence, their learning, their observations of the world. To take some of their qualities and be a free spirit again.

I have figured out if I can slow down, stop doing 10 things at once, breathe, and be in the moment, I will create the days that I want, therefore creating the life that I want.

How do you spend your days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing
Mel xxx