Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

My Ring




The handsome, young, surfer guy that presented me with this stunning, ring, is the first guy that I have ever really loved. He was my first boyfriend out of high school.

We were together, fours years by the time that he asked the big question. We were both young, all I wanted in the world was to be married, have a nice house and start a family.

The day that he proposed, we had flown back to Brisbane, from visiting friends in Sydney, I was sick with a head cold and the flu, we went to the beach so that he could go surfing, the day was miserable and all I wanted to do was go home.

He pulled up in a car park on the sunshine coast that has the most beautiful view of the ocean, (him) " come on lets go for a walk," (me) are you kidding me, I am not walking anywhere". Anyway he asked a couple of more time for me to go for a walk and I just wanted to get home.

He leans down underneath the car seat ( I thought he was getting out cigarettes). Gets out a ring box opens it up and says will you marry me, then. I burst into tears of course and cuddle him so hard, I was crying, saying yes at the same time but couldn't let go of his neck. He finally scrapes me off him. He slides the ring on my finger and that is where it has been for the past 11 years.

I later found out that he had, bought the ring weeks before and that he had kept it in his car that whole time. I loved that he picked out the rings all on his own.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story Mel.
    I love that he knows you so well.
    The fact that he picked out your rings on his own [wow!] speaks volumes!

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so gorgeous and romantic. I think reliving those moments and how you got together is such a beautiful thing. It keeps the sparks alive methinks :-) Thanks for sharing your love story (and your lovely bling!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww ... I love that story. We don't really have a 'story' about getting engaged ... it just happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a sweet story! And he has great taste in jewelry as well! happy hearts day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely!! my man asked me to marry him and there was no ring - of course i still said yes, and then a few weeks later i got the ring (he picked himself too) and i love that he did!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning ring! I admire him for choosing it himself and getting it so right! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a lovely story. *sigh* I love romance!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing
Mel xxx