Pages

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

What's my style

I am so frustrated/ undecided,  at the moment, I have been doing that much digging, prodding, exploring trying to figure out me, in my heart, my head, my soul.  That I now look at my wardrobe, and  at my hair and  me  and I don't suit me anymore. (if that makes sense). Standing at my cupboard and I don't even like my favourite jeans anymore.

I need a new wardrobe, I want to love the clothes I am wearing, I want to feel confident in them. I want clothes that portray me, the new me, the me that isn't sitting on the sidelines anymore. I don't want to just buy them cause they are on the sale rack, or I am desperate for a top and that will do. I am still stuck, we haven't won the lotto yet, so can not throw out my entire cupboard, and buy the "new me" clothes.



I have been really concentrating so hard on what I want and really digging deep within me and asking myself lots of questions and scribbling, writing, jotting down pages and pages of answers in my diary and I seem to be changing at a rate of knots that I am not keeping up with.

My husband was dumb founded on the weekend when we were camping at Broken Head.  I actually went swimming and surfing and it wasn't 40 degrees, and I didn't care who saw me in a bikini,  AND I loved it. I did yoga on the beach (something I haven't had the confidence to do before), cause god forbid someone would think that I am weird AND I loved it.

The same is to be said for my blog, it is so plain and boring, but I am so stuck at the moment that I am not sure, what "look" I am going for.

So I will put out my request for new clothes and inspiration for the "look"of my blog to the universe and see what is provided.

Or if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Melinda

1 comment:

  1. I spent a great deal of time "growing into" my blog. I eventually got Danielle the Design girl to help me make mine over professionally. There are some great blog designers around but can I suggest you play round with templates until you know what it is you want? Feel free to ignore this advice, it's just I totally understand xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing
Mel xxx